Friday, January 18, 2013

The Quest for Internationalisation

Dear World,

Happy Friday! In less than 12 hours, my little tuchus will be sitting in an airplane heading for Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago (with a brief visit to Miami, FL). I am unbelievably excited. More accurately, what I am experiencing is something between complete disbelief and slow realization. Transitions.
Coat of Arms

I had no idea where Trinidad and Tobago was until I started doing some research. Just in case the location is a mystery to you: they are sister islands surrounded by the Caribbean sea, and incredibly close to Venezuela.


What I always seem to experience right before traveling are what I call the Travel Heebie-Jeebies. This pre-departure frenzy is what leads to a room filled with no less than six empty suitcases and a lot of miscellaneous items scattered on the floor. Luckily, I managed to condense the mess into something manageable: two reasonable suitcases!


My hope is that this blog will be a place where I can share with you the beautiful scenery (including not-so-subtle-people-watching), as well as commentary on the amazing culture of Trinidad and Tobago.

Check back soon for an arrival post!

~Farewell~

No comments:

Post a Comment